Raw Chocolate Pie
Write a review
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- cacao (ground at home or store-bought)
- 1/4-1/2 cup raw coconut oil
- 3 tbs. raw honey, solid
- Pinch of salt
- 2 avocados, ripe
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 tbs. nut milk
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup raw coconut sugar
- Fill a medium size bowl with warm/hot tap water. Set the jar of coconut oil inside so that the oil can soften/liquify.
- Place almond flour in a large bowl and mash with a fork to break up any chunks.
- Once oil is softened, add to flour and mix well.
- Add honey and salt to mixture and combine with hands until it forms a dough-like texture.
- Press into a pie plate to make a crust and place in freezer until filling is complete.
- In a food processor or Vita-Mix blender, combine avocados, maple syrup, nut milk, and vanilla until very smooth and silky.
- Place mixture into a bowl. Add cacao powder and coconut sugar and mix with a spoon until well combined. Taste the filling and see if it is rich/sweet enough for your liking. You can always add a bit more cacao or sweetener if you'd like.
- Pour/spoon filling into pie crust and spread evenly. It is ready to eat! Store in fridge for up to 4 days.