A lot of you have made the recipe. But I thought I’d share it today with the rest of you. Perhaps you’ve been having a taddish downish kind of day….
Write a review
- 4-5 tablespoons coconut oil (or butter), melted
- 3 cups coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 2 cups almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, pepitas (preferably activated ones), chopped roughly
- 3 tablespoons rice malt syrup (optional; I personally don’t sweeten my granola at all. Perhaps do half a batch with, half without and see what you like.)
- Preheat oven to 120 C. Mix all ingredients in a bowl, spread evenly on baking paper on a tray and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until golden, turning halfway.
- When golden (I like to make mine quite dark; the darker it is, the crunchier it is), remove and cool immediately to get it crispy.
- I like to eat this granola with yoghurt – nice and chunky.
- You may wish to add some rolled oats, in which case toss 2 cups into the bowl with the rest of the ingredients, and add a little more oil and syrup.